A thorough understanding of how to conduct and interpret social science research is critical to the ability to design effective communication strategies. At Mpact, we not only collaborate with communication researchers from around the country, we also work closely with public health and psychology scholars to ensure that our clients have the benefit of the most up-to-date research.
The President of Mpact Communication, Dr. Monique Mitchell Turner, is also the Director of the Center for Risk Communication Research at the University of Maryland. The Center is a leading research authority in the areas of risk prevention, risk perception, risk and the media, risk and emotion, as well as cognition and risk decision-making.
For more information about the state-of-the-art research underway at the Center for Risk Communication Research and at other cutting-edge research centers around the world, visit the links below.
• Center for Risk Perception and Communication, Carnegie Mellon
• Harvard Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard University
• Health and Risk Communication Center, Michigan State University
• Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
• Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, (START) University of Maryland